Pine Chiropractic Center: Your Source for Massage Therapy in Pompano Beach
Many people treat themselves to the occasional spa massage as a luxurious way to relax. But massage therapy can actually provide many other healthful benefits as well. This time-tested healing method not only loosens and relaxes body and mind, but it can also accelerate the healing process, relieve pain, treat or assist specific conditions and improve overall physical function. That's why we offer medical massage therapy here at Pine Chiropractic Center, we'd like to be your go-to source for medical massage therapy in Pompano Beach FL.
The combination of muscle relaxation and circulatory stimulation provided by massage therapy can have an extraordinary positive impact on many different types of health challenges. The release of physical and emotional tension can ease breathing in people suffering from respiratory ailments, lower blood pressure, and help relieve headaches and migraines.
Massage's ability to boost both blood flow and lymphatic drainage can reduce edema associated with pregnancy, injury, headaches and migraines. Last but certainly not least, massage therapy makes a welcome complement to acupuncture and chiropractic care for natural relief of chronic pain and illness.
Experience Massage Therapy at Our Pompano Beach Pine Chiropractic Center
Our Pompano Beach Pine Chiropractic Center offers several different styles of massage therapy alongside chiropractic, and other natural treatment methods. These styles include:
- Swedish Massage - Swedish massage is the traditional light style of massage so often featured in health spas. This technique stimulates the tissues, relaxes muscles and boosts circulation near the skin surface. It is primarily recommended for stress relief, as an aid in injury recovery, and to relieve superficial pain and inflammation.
- Deep Tissue Massage - True to its name, this form of massage uses more aggressive strokes than Swedish massage to address tension or injuries in the deeply-embedded tissues near bones and joints. It can also help break up collections of scar tissue called adhesions that cause chronic pain and prevent full range of motion.
- Sports Massage - Whether you're a committed professional athlete or a weekend warrior, sports massage can help you enjoy your favorite activity more fully, not to mention more safely. By focusing on the parts of the body most vulnerable to strains and overuse injuries in your sport, we can help you heal from a past event or prepare your body for the next one
- Trigger Point Therapy- The alternative Trigger Point therapy provides benefits of which include a focus on detecting and releasing trigger points. Trigger points are spots located in the skeletal muscle that produce pain when compressed. In many cases, trigger points form as a result of trauma to the muscle fibers.
Contact Pine Chiropractic Center to enhance your health with a customized program of massage therapy, chiropractic care, and nutrition. Discover for yourself how massage therapy at our clinic can greatly improve your quality of life!
Which Massage is Right for You?
Although each session is customized to fit a client's needs, here are just a few styles used during a treatment:
Most commonly offered and best known type of massage. Swedish massage uses long, firm, but gentle pressure strokes, kneading, and circular movement on superficial layers of muscle. Swedish massage therapy can be very relaxing to the body. It also improves the circulation, eases muscle aches and tension, while improving flexibility.
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Deep tissue massage is a type of massage aimed at the deeper tissue structures of the muscle and fascia, also known as connective tissue. The massage consists of slower strokes or friction across the grain of the muscle. This is a more focused type of massage.
Deep tissue massage is used for chronically tight or painful muscles, repetitive strain, posture problems, or recovery from injury.
Shiatsu is a form of Japanese bodywork that uses localized finger pressure in a rhythmic sequence on acupuncture meridians to clear blockages.
Each point is held for 2 to 8 seconds to improve the flow of energy and help the body regain balance.
Sports massage is specifically designed for people who are involved in physical activity. You don't have to be a professional athlete to get one. It's also beneficial to anyone who is active and works out often. The focus isn't on relaxation, but on preventing and treating injury and enhancing athletic performance.
A combination of techniques are used. The strokes are generally faster than Swedish massage and facilitated stretching loosens muscles and increases flexibility.
This is the most effective type of massage therapy for rotator cuff and carpal tunnel pain. Neuromuscular Therapy consists of alternating levels of concentrated pressure on the area of a muscle spasm. This therapy is used to reset the neuromuscular junction to relieve the nerve entrapment that causes pain and numbness.
Reflexology is a form of bodywork that focuses primarily on the feet. The underlying theory behind reflexology is that there are "reflex" areas on the feet and hands that correspond to specific organs, glands, and other parts of the body.
There are many additional physical and mental benefits of massage including:
• Relaxes the whole body
• Rejuvenates tired and aching muscles
• Increases flexibility and range of motion
• Calms the nervous system
• Lowers blood pressure
• Lowers heart rate
• Enhances skin tone
• Strengthens the immune system
• Reduces tension headaches
• Improves concentration
• Promotes restful sleep